- 13 Oct 2023
- 3 Minutes to read
Updating Content Packs
- Updated on 13 Oct 2023
- 3 Minutes to read
Updating a Content Pack via TC Exchange
When an update for a Content Pack installed on your ThreatConnect® instance is available in TC Exchange™, follow these steps to ensure that all items provided by the Content Pack are updated:
- Log into ThreatConnect with a System Administrator account.
- On the top navigation bar, hover over Settingsand select TC Exchange Settings. The Installed tab of the TC Exchange Settings screen will be displayed.
- Select Content Packs from the dropdown to the left of the search bar on the Installed screen to display all Content Packs installed on your ThreatConnect instance.
- Click Updatein the Options column for the Content Pack you want to update.
Reconfiguring an Updated Content Pack
If a Content Pack that was updated contains Playbook Templates, follow these steps to ensure that the updated Playbooks are configured in your Organization:
- After the Content Pack has been updated, click Playbooks on the top navigation bar to display the Playbooks screen.
- Locate all Playbooks used in the Content Pack, either by searching for them by name or clicking the Label dropdown and selecting the checkbox for the label corresponding to the Content Pack.
- For each Playbook, click the vertical ellipsison the right side of the row and select Delete from the dropdown to delete it.
- After all Playbooks used in the Content Pack are deleted, click the Templates tab at the top left of the Playbooks screen. The Templates screen will be displayed.
- Locate the Playbook Templates used in the Content Pack.NoteTo view the names of the Playbook Templates used in the updated Content Pack, navigate to the Installed tab of the TC Exchange Settings screen, select Content Packs from the dropdown to the left of the search bar, and click the vertical ellipsisin the Options column for the Content Pack. Alternatively, see the Content Packs documentation for the specific Content Pack to view the names of the Playbook Templates the Content Pack contains.
- For each Playbook Template used in the Content Pack, click the vertical ellipsison the right side of the row and select Import as Playbook from the dropdown to reimport it into your Organization as a Playbook.NoteYou will not be prompted to enter any variables used in the Playbooks, as they will already have been saved as Organization-level variables when you imported the Playbook Templates during the initial installation of the Content Pack.
- The Playbook will be displayed in the Playbook Designer. Activate the Playbook by hovering over the MODE dropdown at the top right of the Playbook Designer and selecting Active.ImportantBefore trying to activate a Playbook, review the Validations icon on the Playbook Designer’s side navigation bar and verify whether there are validation issues with the Playbook. If there are no issues, the icon will be blank (); if there are issues, the icon will be red and indicate the number of issues (e.g.,). To view more information about validation issues in a Playbook, click the Validations icon to display the Validations pane.
- Repeat Steps 6 and 7 for each of the remaining Playbook Templates.
Troubleshooting Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Why didn’t the Content Pack’s Playbooks update after I updated the Content Pack?
When you update a Content Pack on the TC Exchange Settings screen, its Playbook Templates will be updated. However, updates to Playbook Templates do not apply to Playbooks that were previously imported from the Templates. As such, to add the updated Playbooks to your Organization, you must import them from the updated Templates. The Playbooks themselves will not update when the Content Pack is updated.
Why do I now have duplicate Playbooks from the Content Pack in my Organization?
If you have a duplicate copy of each Playbook used in the Content Pack, but with a “1” at the end of its name, then you did not delete the existing Playbooks before importing them from the updated Playbook Templates. If the Playbooks exist in your Organization when you import from the updated Templates, then the newly imported versions will not replace the existing versions, but rather be imported as a new version, with a “1” at the end of their name to distinguish them from the existing version.
ThreatConnect® is a registered trademark, and TC Exchange™ is a trademark, of ThreatConnect, Inc.