- 18 Aug 2022
- 1 Minute to read
Releasing an App
- Updated on 18 Aug 2022
- 1 Minute to read
Once an App has been debugged and is ready to be made available to other users, it can be released by an Organization Administrator. From the App Builder screen with Live Debug toggled off, click Release Project to the left of the Released section of the Summary tab. The Type screen of the Release App drawer will be displayed (Figure 1).
- Select the type of release (Patch, Minor, or Major), using the guidance provided in the descriptions. These release types are based on the Semantic Versioning System. The right side of the drawer indicates how each type of release will change the version number for the App.
After you select a release type (Minor in this example), the Release Notes screen will be displayed automatically (Figure 2).
- Enter text describing the release in the README box. This step is important because it enables you to communicate App changes to your users. You can use Markdown when compiling the release notes, and you can preview a rendered version of the Markdown by clicking the Preview Markdown link.
- Click the NEXT button.
The Release screen will be displayed (Figure 3).
The top of the screen will display the current version number and the new version number.
- Select the desired permissions for the App using the following options:
- Allow all organizations to use this app: Select this option to make the App available to Playbook users in all Organizations on the given instance of ThreatConnect.
- System Administrator should control permissions per organization. If this app has already been released, existing permissions will remain intact: Select this option to enable the System Administrator to control access to the released App in the TC Exchange™ App Catalog.ImportantIf the System Administrator should control permissions per organization. If this app has already been released, existing permissions will remain intact option is selected, but previous versions of the App were already released to all Organizations on the instance, then the previous versions will remain available to Playbook users in all Organizations on the instance, while access to the newly released version will be controlled by the System Administrator.
- Click the RELEASE button to release the App.
When the App is released, a message stating “App released successfully” will be displayed at the lower-left corner of the screen, and the Released section of the Summary tab will update to include the date and time of release (Figure 4).
TC Exchange™ is a trademark of ThreatConnect, Inc.