- 01 Sep 2022
- 3 Minutes to read
Viewing, Activating, and Managing Playbook Environments
- Updated on 01 Sep 2022
- 3 Minutes to read
Viewing Playbook Environments
On the top navigation bar, hover the cursor over Playbooks and select Environments. The Environments tab of the Playbooks screen will be displayed (Figure 1). This screen shows all available Environments for your Organization.
The color of the top border of an Environment card indicates the following:
- Green: The Environment is active and configured to an Environment Server.
- Yellow: The Environment is active, but not configured to an Environment Server.
- Gray: The Environment is inactive.
An Environment card provides the following information about its corresponding Environment:
- Executions Today: the number of executions that have occurred on the Environment on the present day.
- Queue Size: the number of items in the queue waiting for execution on the Environment.
- Dependent Playbooks: the number of Playbooks that are dependent on the Environment (i.e., that have an App or Service configured to run on the given Environment).
- Dependent Jobs: the number of Jobs (Playbooks and other applications) that are dependent on the Environment (i.e., that are configured to run on the given Environment).
- Owner: the Organization that owns the Environment.
- Environment Server: the name of the Environment Server that is attached to the configuration represented by the given Environment box.
- Remote Workers: the number of Workers available on the Environment Server.
Activating an Environment
Toggle the Active slider at the lower-right corner of an Environment card (Figure 1) on or off to make an Environment active or inactive, respectively.
Managing an Environment
Click the vertical ellipsis at the upper-right corner of an Environment card (Figure 1) to display a menu with the following options: Edit Name, View, and Download.
Editing an Environment's Name
To edit an Environment's name, select Edit Name from the vertical ellipsis menu. The Edit Environment window will be displayed (Figure 2).
- Name: Enter a new name for the Environment
- Click the SAVE button.
Viewing an Environment's Administration Screen
An Environment’s administration screen provides information about the Environment in real time. To view this screen, select View from the vertical ellipsis menu or click the name of the Environment at the top of its card. The Environments screen will now display the administration screen for the Environment (Figure 3). See Administrating an Environment for more information about this screen.
To return to the view in Figure 1, click the Environments link at the upper-right corner of the screen, or refresh the screen.
Downloading an Environment
To download an Environment, select Download from the vertical ellipsis menu. The Environment: <Environment Name> window will be displayed (Figure 4).
- Download options: Select one of the following download options:
- Download Bundle (All-in-one): Select this option to download both the Environment Config and the Environment Server, as well as the KeyStore files required to make a secure connection to the host ThreatConnect instance, in a .zip file.
- Environment Config Only: Select this option to download the Environment Config in a .env file format.
- Environment Server Only: Select this option to download the Environment Server in a .zip file.
- Click the DOWNLOAD button.
ThreatConnect® is a registered trademark of ThreatConnect, Inc.