- 22 Aug 2022
- 2 Minutes to read
Getting Started With the ThreatConnect Knowledge Base
- Updated on 22 Aug 2022
- 2 Minutes to read
Welcome to the new ThreatConnect® knowledge base! This article highlights key features in the new knowledge base and provides helpful tips for finding and viewing knowledge base articles.
All users will need to create an account on the new platform in order to view all training content. Current customers should have received an email with login instructions on Aug. 22. If you do not receive this email, please contact your ThreatConnect Customer Success Manager or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Knowledge base articles are now grouped into categories. You can view a complete list of categories in the Browse by Category section of the homepage or in the category sidebar on the left side of the screen (Figure 1).
- Click on a category title to expand it and view all subcategories and articles it contains.
- Use the Filter search bar to filter categories and articles by title.
- Click the icon to collapse and expand the category sidebar.
- As you scroll through an article, the category sidebar will remain fixed on the left side of the screen.
Depending on the size and structure of a knowledge base article, a table of contents may be displayed on the right side of the screen when viewing an article (Figure 2).
- Clicking on a section heading will cause the browser to scroll to that section automatically.
- As you scroll through an article, the table of contents will highlight the current section you're viewing, as in Figure 2.
- Like the category sidebar, the table of contents will remain fixed on the right side of the screen as you scroll through an article.
A search bar is available on the homepage and at the top of the screen when viewing an article. As you type a keyword or phrase into the search bar, a list of search results will update automatically (Figure 3). To view a complete list of articles matching the text entered in the search bar, click the View All Results link at the bottom of the search results list.
When viewing an article, the date when it was last updated and an estimated reading time will be displayed following the article's title (Figure 4). In addition, options to print the article and view it in dark or light mode will be displayed.
At the end of each article, a Was this article helpful? section will be displayed. Here, you can let us know whether you found the article helpful and then share any additional feedback you may have.
- When viewing an article, click What's New at the upper-right corner of the screen to view a list of recently updated articles.
- A list of related articles is available at the bottom of each article, below the Was this article helpful? section.
- PDF-based articles include an inline PDF viewer and an Attachments section on the right side of the screen where you can download the PDF.
- Clicking on a Tag in an article's Tags section will display a filtered list of articles to which the Tag is applied.
- On the homepage, a list of recently created and updated articles, as well as the top five most viewed articles, will be displayed below the search bar.
ThreatConnect® is a registered trademark of ThreatConnect, Inc.